When I ’dipped my toes’ in this year’s Cupid’s Hunt Podcast Collaboration Event, I had in mind one list of tracks to post on Facebook or MySpace. Each song on the list had a theme; be it first love, great love, love gone wrong, “I want you” or wedding jams (Greg and I married four days before Valentines Day). The list grew, split and became several lists…all while I was learning the basics of blogging; podcasting; soft-and hardware and whatever else had come down the pike since I bought (and never used) dj software back in the days of Windows 98.
My first mix is some of my favorite songs that say “I want you”, smooth and cool. Screaming and shouting might wake us up; but it’s smooth and cool that keeps us awake on the night shift.
Playlist - Song – Artist – Album [time]
- That the Way It’s Got To Be (Body and Soul) – The Soul Generation – Beyond Body and Soul [3:08]
- I Want You – Marvin Gaye – The Very Best of Marvin Gaye [3:57]
- Make Me Want You – Curt Jones - 360 Degrees [5:29]
- Let’s Get It On – Marvin Gaye – The Very Best of Marvin Gaye [4:53]
- Sexual Healing – Marvin Gaye – Slow Jams [4:10]
- Give It To Me – The Whispers - Greatest Slow Jams [5:24]
- Lady – The Whispers – Greatest Slow Jams [5:07]
- Hey Girl (I Like Your Style) – The Temptations – Love Songs [3:29]
- Reasons - Earth, Wind & Fire – That’s The Way Of The World [4:58]
- Love Won’t Let Me Wait – Major Harris – My Way [5:34]
- Turn Your Lights Down Low – Lauren Hill and Bob Marley – The Ultimate Mp3 Zone [4:02]
- A Little Bit More – Freddie Jackson/Melba Moore – Body and Soul: Duets [4:55]
- Practice What You Preach – Barry White - The Icon Is Love [5:58]