Cupid’s Hunt – If You’re Not Back In Love By Monday
Well, I was almost done.
But, we won’t celebrate Valentine’s Day on a Sunday again for another seven (?) years. And Millie just wouldn’t let me rest. Her song, “If You’re Not Back in Love By Monday” has been in my head all night. Is there more fitting a song for a Monday morning after a Sunday V-Day?
So, like a true night shift-er, I’ve been up for awhile keeping myself busy. I’d made a huge pot of chili for dinner, and the family is out cold with ‘the itis’. Law and Order is on TNT; Angel doesn’t air until 5am. It’s just me, with Millie and few others who sing of trying to get back what they once had.
This goes out to all those Cupid Hunters who are back in love this morning. No promos or intros (I didn’t have much time); just the music, with Millie’s , “Good night, everybody” at the end.
- If You’re Not Back In Love By Monday – Millie Jackson – 21 Of The Best 1971-83 (4:52)
- How Could I Let You Get Away – The Spinners – Very Best Of The Spinners (3:51)
- I Kinda Miss You – The Manhattans – Greatest Hits(5:15)
- Since I Lost My Baby [Alternate Version] – Love Songs (2:59)
- Blame It On Love – Smokey Robinson/Deniece Williams – The Solo Anthology (3:37)
- Sorry Doesn’t Always Make It Right – Gladys Knight & The Pips – Love Songs (4:12)
- Oh Girl – The Chi-Lites – Quiet Storm (3:49)
- Ain’t No Sunshine – Bill Withers – Lean On Me: The Best Of Bill Withers (2:03)
- Bring It On Home To Me – Sam Cooke(with Lou Rawls) – The Man and His Music (2:41)
- After The Love Is Gone – Earth, Wind & Fire – All ‘N All (4:25)
- Distant Lover [Live] – Marvin Gaye – The Very Best Of Marvin Gaye (6:18)
- At This Moment – Billy Very & The Beaters – The Best of Billy Very & The Beaters (4:21)
- Starting All Over Again – Mel & Tim – The Soulful Sound of Stax (3:38)
- Here We Go Again – Ray Charles/Norah Jones – Genius Loves Company (3:59)
- Again – Janet Jackson – Number Ones, Disc 2 (3:47)
- Daddy’s Home – Jermaine Jackson – 20th Century Masters – The Jacksons (3:08)
- Crazy – K-Ci and Jojo – X (4:20)
- Loving Arms – Millie Jackson – 21 Of The Best 1971-83 (3:43)
Good night, everybody. I’ve enjoyed hunting with you.